To assist our clients with critical needs for network uptime, improved data protection, and balanced server workloads, DBS Services has partnered with Double-Take® Software.
Double-Take® Software offers affordable workload optimization products that are simple to use and enable you to move workloads for migration, continuously backup and recover data and applications, ensure workload availability or easily manage desktop and server workloads in physical and virtual environments, regardless of platform or location.
Workload Migration: Move workloads between any combination of physical and virtual hardware (P2P, P2V, V2P, V2V or X2X) within datacenters or across locations for datacenter migrations and consolidations.
- Workload Backup: Continuously backup workloads and recover them on demand to a new physical or virtual machine. Recovery can be done at the item level to any point in time.
Workload Availability: Ensure the availability of critical IT workloads for disaster recovery and business continuity using real-time replication and failover that can protect individual applications, entire servers or virtualized workloads running on VMware ESX or Microsoft Hyper-V.
Workload Flexibility: Easily manage any workload by booting it from iSCSI SANs, regardless of hardware and without the need for specialized HBAs.
How Double-Take Works
Double-Take Availability provides affordable data protection, ensures minimal data loss and enables immediate recovery from any system outage. Double-Take Availability continuously captures changes as they happen and replicates those changes to one or more servers at any location, locally or globally.
- Continuous data replication over any distance allows you to have access to a current copy of your data, applications and OS.
- Monitors changes to all protected files and replicates only the bytes that change.
- Replicates to a disaster recovery site as far away as you would like, over standard IP networks, for maximum protection against data loss.
- Improve performance by compressing the protected data before it is sent.
- Allows you to implement failover clusters without shared storage or geographic limitations - eliminating the single point of failure and giving you the freedom to locate cluster nodes wherever you want.
- Allows you to consolidate workloads with Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V™ or VMware® ESX saves IT organizations
- Allows you to replicate virtual machines from one virtualization host to another in real time and automatically failover those virtual machines to the host in the event of an outage or disaster.
- Available for Windows and Linux, supports any application running on those OSs and work either on physical or virtual servers.